Who we are
Our website address is: https://kingofhomesny.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
How we protect your data
What data breach procedures we have in place
What third parties we receive data from
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements
1. We gathers the following types of information needed to process your transactions, fulfill your requests, and maintain our membership records:
- Contact information you provide (for example, your personal and business addresses, phone and fax numbers, firm affiliations and titles).
- Tracking information which our Web server automatically recognizes each time you visit one of our sites or communicate with us by email (for example, your domain name, your email address, and what pages you visit).
- Information you volunteer, via applications or surveys (for example, education, designations, specialties, affiliations with other real estate organizations and general demographic data).
2. We use this information to:
- Improve and customize the content and layout of our sites and other communications tools.
- Notify you of updates to our sites.
- Notify you of relevant products and services.
- Notify you of upcoming events and programs.
- Compile specialty directories about which you will be made aware.
- Track usage of our sites.
- Assist local and state associations and affiliated Institutes, Societies, and Councils in membership tracking and for their use for purposes similar to those listed above.
3. Email contact information. We do not share, sell, or trade email addresses, except that state and local association staff and leadership email addresses may be listed in the membership directories available on nar.realtor. We may use your email address to directly send you information and may provide you with online informational or marketing messages that have been approved by our team together with other communications to which you have subscribed.
4. Other forms of contact information. Forms of contact information other than email address (for example, street address) may be listed in the membership directories available on nar.realtor. We will not share, sell or otherwise provide this contact information about you except for the following purposes:
- Partners with us for the limited purpose of notifying you of approved promotions.
- When required by law or valid legal process, or to protect the personal safety of our members or the public.
- Some or all of the data collected during promotions or contests on our sites that are sponsored by third parties may be shared with the sponsor for the limited purpose of a one-time marketing follow-up by the sponsor. If information about you will be shared with a sponsor you will be notified prior to your participation in the promotion or contest and you can decide not to participate in the promotion or contest.
5. Credit information that you and credit authorizers provide when you make payments by credit card or electronic check for products, dues or other services via the website will only be used to process the transactions you request. This information will be provided to and maintained by reputable credit reporting databases, but will never be sold, shared or provided to other third parties.
6. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the information it collects and makes available via its Web sites. We test security procedures regularly and modify them as new technologies become feasible.
7. Do-Not-Track Disclosure: Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that allows you to communicate to websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. Our system does not respond to Do Not Track requests or headers from some or all browsers at this time.